Thursday, April 21, 2011

Review: Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil


Essence cosmetics markets itself as being Europe's favorite cosmetic brand because they try to keep up with the latest makeup trends while keeping their products affordable. The brand is exclusively available at selected Clicks stores and their branding definitely stands out next to the rest, with bold bright colours its not hard to be drawn towards it.

I dropped by my local store and picked up a few products,two of which was their Long Lasting eye pencils. Essence's eye pencils comes in several colors but I played it safe and got it in a black and brown. I find eye pencils to be a hit or miss, and since Essence cosmetics is new to me I didn't want to get too many only to end up throwing it away.

I was pleased at the quality and how much I actually ended up liking this eye pencil. For the price I wasn't expecting much but was very surprised at the quality, the pencil itself wasn't brittle, and I loved how soft the colors were. I didn't have to force it out, the color just glided on like satin. It went on smooth and evenly, and the color was exactly as it looked on the pencil. Although this Essence eye pencil wasn't waterproof it did stay on much longer than I expected. I didn't have to reapply until about 8 hours later, and it didn't smudge or smear easily. What I love best about this product is that it's cruelty free. 

I thought this was one of the best eye pencils I've tried in its price range,  it' honestly a good quality product for its price and I definitely prefer it over Rimmel Eyeliners which is a about R15-20 more per pencil. 

Essence is a brand that I will undoubtedly try more of.

Overall Rating: 8/10
Long lasting: 8/10
Pigment: 10/10
Packaging: 8/10
Price: 10/10

1 comment: